New York, New York!
Our trip to NYC was jam packed, exhilarating and exhausting. Over the space of those 14 days we walked 190km only taking the subway once and a return train to New Jersey.
It’s impossible to see everything in two weeks. Hell, even a lifetime is a stretch! But we did get a taste of the apple and that just made us want to take another bite. Although we did LOADS (see this for a brief itinerary) there was so much more left to experience.
Here’s what we’ll try to pack into our next trip (note that there is no if in that sentence!)
- Ice skating in Central Park
- Take a trip to the top of the One World Trade Center
- Staten Island Ferry
- Coney Island
- Watch a game at Madison Square Garden
- Watch another show on Broadway
- View the skyline from a helicopter
- Rockefeller Tour
- Discover more vegan/veggie restaurants and food trucks
- Spend more time in Brooklyn and Greenwich Village
- Eat more pizza
- Watch the world go by
- Visit the Brooklyn Flea Market and find a bargain or two!
- Visit more botanical gardens
- Take the audio guided tour in Grand Central Station
- Spend a full day in The Met
- Listen to music in a jazz bar
- See more street art
- Fort Tryon Park
- Museum of Bodies (if the exhibition is still ongoing)
- See some abandoned subway stations
Ok so it seems like we may need another two weeks after all!
New York, we’re not finished with you yet.
New Yorkers, do you have any tips for getting off the beaten track in the city?